Dates And Division Of The Bible
1. When was the Bible written?
The Bible was written during a period covering more than 1500 years.
2. When was the first book written?
The exact date is not known, but it must have been some fifteen hundred years before Christ, since its author was Moses.
3. When was the last book written?
The last book was written about the year 93 A.D.
4. What period of time does the Bible, as a book of history, cover?
As a history, the Bible covers a period of many thousands of years.
5. Name the event with which the Bible, as a book of history, begins.
The creation of the universe.
6. What events bring the Bible, as a book of history, to a close?
The life of Christ and early spread of Christianity.
7. How is the Bible divided?
The Bible is divided into the Old and New Testaments.
8. Is the division into Old and New Testaments suitable?
It is, since the Old Testament deals with the span of time before Christ’s first coming with the expectation for the future Savior, while the New Testament treats of His life and work in this world, or the realization of that hope.